Why do we choose to use WordPress as our preferred content management system for our business websites?
Well, we’ve been building business websites since 2003 and in that time we’ve built all manner of fully bespoke custom sites, standalone eCommerce sites and of course very, very many WordPress sites.
What else happened in 2003?
- London congestion charge came into operation
- Saddam Hussein’s statue was toppled in Baghdad
- Concorde made its final commercial flight
- DVDs took the largest share of the UK home video market
- WordPress was “born”
Did you know … WordPress is used by 31% of all the websites, that is a market share of almost 60%! Around 20m websites on the entire web use WordPress. So you will definitely be in good company!
Notable WordPress sites include:
- Barack Obama
- BBC America
- Sony Music
What customers who’ve switched to WordPress have told us about their old website content management systems and what was holding them back growing their business:
Squarespace (2% market share)
- If you are happy to follow one of their templates exactly, it’ll be fine – customisation very limiting (and costly)
- Very limited ecommerce offering – don’t believe the hype
- Complicated editor – can be a bit overwhelming
Wix (1% market share)
- Base set-up is cheap, which is very appealing – but costs rapidly mount up
- Definitely not first choice for an ecommerce-reliant business
- It has SEO limitations and their SEO “add-on” is misleading and out of date
Some of the key benefits of a WordPress business website
- Layout options almost limitless
- Easy to use and update for “non-techies”
- Fits and grows with your business rather than you feeling you have to fit with the system
We’ve been working with WordPress long enough to know how to get the most out of its tools to deliver the best website for every kind of business – be it a simple one-pager, multiple landing and marketing pages to an eCommerce site. The added value you get with a WordPress website built by us is that we know how to make it fast, secure and keep it that way!
Whether you are looking to improve your current WordPress website or start afresh, why not Book a Call with one of our WordPress website experts and see how much of difference we can make to your business growth.