Here at Pallant Digital we love nothing more than helping businesses succeed online, whether this is by getting you a better website; getting you found in search engines; or simply getting noticed on social media.
We don’t keep our learning and experiences to ourselves, we like to share — in fact we LOVE to share.
We’ve built up quite a portfolio of video tips on our YouTube channel that’ll help you understand exactly what you need to know without watching hours and hours of waffle before the nugget of knowledge is revealed, in fact most of our tips are just two minutes long. They are organised into playlist categories that include:
- SEO tips
- Google tips
- Social Media
We also love to share our favourite tools to help your business succeed online. So here’s some of our favourites and why we think you should be using them too:
- Do you use the same password across multiple sites?
- Do you think your password is secure because it’s in spreadsheet that only you can access?
- Do you click on links in unexpected emails without a thought?
If there are any Yes’s here … then you need a password manager.
We swear by LastPass – and our insurers like that we use a password manager too. It’s simple to use and works across desktops and mobile devices. You can also share passwords with a team or a colleague, so no-one has to resort to a post-it note again. We’d recommend you get straight on it and get your passwords sorted and secured.
We’ve been building websites for over 15 years and have seen all manner of content management systems, so we know we are using the best for our clients. None compare to WordPress for:
- Ease of use — you don’t need to be a computer programmer to add your latest blog
- Almost limitless layout options — ensuring you get your message across in the most engaging and effective way
- Ability to grow with your business — not holding you back because of a lack of functionality or compatibility
- Fast and secure — as long as you have a plan in place to manage updates
There’s a good reason that over 30% of all websites are built on the WordPress platform.
Google My Business and Bing
Location, location, location … every day we are searching for businesses and services nearby. We do this by mobile phone, by maps and by voice tech (Alexa and Google Assistant).
If your business isn’t listed, or listed incorrectly, on Google My Business or Bing you’re going to miss out right at the moment when your customers are in the buying mood.
Both are free and will take you five minutes of your time to bring up to date.